View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
DarkHorse1350

Originally Posted by Kaane View Post
You don't need a spring compressor. I removed the fronts with just an impact, you just need to HOLD it tight. Rears take like 5 minutes.

Cheap good setup is Koni SRT.T Non adjustables and Steeda Sport Springs. Great look and very good daily driver setup with no harshness.

I would not waste money on coil-overs unless you want it slammed or need better spring selection and adjust-ability.
I don't agree with the "hold it tight" statement, I have done enough of these to know that a spring compressor is a MUST HAVE to safely replace springs. Plus you can rent them for free at any auto zone.

I do agree that you don't need coil-overs for mostly street use, you will not push the components hard enough on the street to justify the cost, especially when you can get the same look for a fraction of a set of coil-overs.

I have less than $300 including shipping in my set up and could not be happier with the performance and the looks. I have pics in the SR Lowering springs and J&M Panhard bar thread.

You must be fast cause you were haulin azz when I passed you!!

2007 Mustang GT Black with Gold Racing Stripes"Goldie", 5 Speed, 3.55 Gears, SVE Lowering Springs, JLT CAI, Roush Axle Backs, Bama Tuned! **SOLD**

2013 Mustang GT, Deep Impact Blue, 6 speed, 3.73's, GT500 Axle Backs, JLT Oil Catch Can, Sound Tube Deleted, SR Lowering Springs, J&M Panhard Bar
DarkHorse1350 is offline   Reply With Quote