View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 10:16 AM   #10
DirtyD

Originally Posted by garner View Post
That course looks super confusing. I'd get lost every run lol
Originally Posted by Antothoro View Post
Yeah, I'd have to see a map. That looks awesome though.
It's not that bad. They provide maps, but when you get the chance to walk it, it becomes so much simpler it's funny.

Originally Posted by donutninja View Post
there were SO many DNF's and cones hit on the second course. I got tired of running around. haha

I thought the second course was a little deceiving at times but you could really stretch your legs for most of it.

Also, are you on stock suspension? the car seems so smooth.
Yeah, so many people were DNF'ing I was thinking to myself, man, this is not going to be good for me. LOL

One of the S2000 drivers kept DNF'ing in the same exact spot, on all 4 of his morning runs.

Originally Posted by KurvStr8nr View Post
You did great for your first AutoX! First timers usually have a hard time following the course, try to overdrive it and end up hitting at least 1 cone.

How did your times compare throughout the 8 runs?

Did you get a chance to walk the course before driving it?
Yeah, I told myself not to try and get in over my head and push it. I didn't have my suspension setup where it should've been, so the back end broke loose rather easily on street tires (Michelin Pilot Super Sports).

The morning session was the reverse direction of the afternoon course, with a few small changes. My 1st morning run I took my time just getting used to how the cones look while actually driving, and not walking, and also just figuring out some of the lines to take. I shaved 8 sec off the morning course time by the 4 run. The afternoon was a bit different...I ended up running my fastest time on the 4th run as well, but I only shaved off 4 sec from the first lap. Just couldn't quite get the car to do what I wanted it, and came in to a few corners a little too hot, and took them too wide.

We had the chance to walk both courses, but I didn't make it back from lunch in time to walk the afternoon.

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Nice job Derek! Glad you guys had fun. Man that exhaust sounds epic in the video, can't imagine how much better it must be in person.

-Alex
Thanks, Alex. I wish I could have someone else drive the car so I can hear what it sounds like outside of the car for once. LOL
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote