View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #513
kdanner

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I am wondering if maybe since jeff has been switching back and forth between e85 and pump that maybe there is a slight bad mixture of fuel that nite and the tune was pulling timing??? Just curious as to why it did not perform. I have not rode in the car, but from my understanding of his and nicks race he was running away from him which shows he is making more steam. Even though their mph was pretty similar... just some food for thought.. we need to get a log of his car soon and see what is going on with it on the street..

What procedure is being used to empty the tank? I have a fitting on the fuel rail that I put a hose on and I run the car while that hose empties into a jug, until the car quits. I wondered about this same thing, how much fuel was left in the tank, so after doing this, I pulled the pump out to take a look. I was amazed how little is actually left. Between what was in the bucket around the pump, and what was left in the tank itself, it was maybe a cup of fuel left over. Was really nice to see that, better than I thought it would be.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote