View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #90
50bryan

I love the power on the stang, and its a hell of a lot of fun. but there is a reason why the japanese market is still around, and why a lot of peolpe mod them.

frs/brz for example. is it gonna outrun a 5.0 on the highway? not a chance. but you go through some twisty roads with it, or just hooligan it around town, its a blast.
in my opinion its much more fun to drive a slow car that is balanced (not a camry, but s2000, brz/frs, miata) fast than to drive a fast car slow, and i think this fits well in this case.

the other side of the fence has the same questions too. "Why do people buy domestic? all they do is run it in a straight line and make massive power and as soon as a corner comes around they can't hold it and spin". etc.

I love the mustang, and i'm not regretting making the change from my 350z to the mustang at all, but the 350z, or other japanese/european sports cars have something that the domestics lack a little of. and that's feel. i know it sounds stupid, and i know it might not be quantifiable, BUT the way the car moves around a corner, the way it hugs the corner as you exit out in speed. thats the beauty of those cars.

you take a jap sports car, take it to mexico, and you get a green left arrow or a clear right turn, and you heel toe from 3rd to 2nd (or 3rd to fourth if you're going fast enough i guess) and hold the line all the way through, with a little tail slide at the end, and if you tell me that that isn't fun, then i guess you won't ever like these cars.

hellaflush/stance and all that is for dopey kids looking to get a confidence boost by throwing their suspension geometry completely off and scraping everywhere they go just so they can feel good about themselves anyways, so not much to defend there.
50bryan is offline   Reply With Quote