View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 07:40 AM   #26
5PointSlow

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
Your plan is to be alive in 40 years? And still have that car? Yeah with as fleeting and fickle as life is that's a terrible plan.. life is too short to force yourself to drive a pos. It's too short to eat cheap steaks, smoke cheap cigars, swill cheap booze. Live within your means but enjoy what you can. I could have kept my focus and forced myself to drive it during the week and polish the mustang in the garage. And only take it out on sunny days and meets and.... no I'm sorry I can't even finish that it's boring me to death. . I understand if you need a daily driver that's a Mercedes suv because you are a realtor, or a truck because you haul bricks. But if you don't. . It's like having a model for a wife but banging her grandmother because you don't want to wear it out...

Epic post sir!!! I agree and you sure as hell can't take any of this stuff with you when you die!

I have two vehicles my 14 FX4 EgoBoost and my 5.0. The truck is my family hauler/grocery getter and I pretty much daily my 5.0. The only days I don't drive my stang to work is when they call for hail.

As far as discrimination for driving I get looks all the time like I'm put driving my dad's truck or mustang. I'm not rich by any means but I have a very successful career in the Navy which has allowed me to afford nice things at 31. Most people assume I'm early/mid 20s when they first talk to me. I'm not mad lol, but some of the looks by dudes in their 50s is kind of amusing.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote