View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #23
DirtyD

Originally Posted by MnemonicGhost View Post
My 2006 Xterra daily driver isn't completely ignored. I drive it pretty "briskly" and you'll know if you're holding me up if you glance at a mirror. I drive 121 from McKinney to Plano every day during rush hour, so I may be a little jaded. Your mileage may vary, but I've noticed a few common stereotypes of drivers and their vehicles:

Trucks are most common to think they are god in the left lane. Domestics most often, the newer and more suburban (lifted 4x4 but pristine bodywork) the worst it is. Tow mirrors or not, they have no idea, clue or care who is behind them. Dodge seem to be the worst offender.

Next are the moms in their minivans, commonly BMW X5 and other luxury mini suvs. I just don't think they know any better, but love to see a cell phone in their hand or their emergency 4 lane change to make their exit!

Next up is folks with Texas Tech logos on their car. I think driving like a jerk is on the entrance exam. Scores multiply if you see any greek letters. Not sure why, but they are almost worst than your BMW/Mercedes crowd.

BMW/Mercedes luxury fleet. Audi owners seem to be exempt, as long as not riced out. While this crowd does drive fast, they will be damned if they ever get out of your way or that of any other common man. Blinker bulbs are pristine and never need replacing since they are never used.
You hit every single topic I would ever talk about. lol
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote