View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
downtime!

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
My N/A car runs 10.8's. Color me unimpressed.

Your shop owner isn't running 8's on a stock long block. Both the Paxton and Roush TVS have run 9's on stock long blocks. No KB kit on the 5.0 has come close to matching that.

Don't mistake what I said, my reference is for the 5.0 only. The KB's have proven themselves on the older 5.4 and 4.6 applications. Just not the case on the newer 5.0.

Agreed. Their horrible intake design is the limitation on that kit.
It ran 131 mph, I just can't keep up with the shifts with my bad shoulder anymore. There's an auto swap in her future. And I never said that 900 came on the stock long block. I'm sure the KB could do it, but for every 1 KB you see out there, there are 100 Roush or Paxton cars. Much harder to get decent stats if no one is really running your product. Shelby seemed to like them enough for the Super Snake projects. But they are junk, I understand. And I'm actually less impressed with the KB stuff on the older cars. My kit, right out of the box, with no changes at all (stock pulley, factory throttle body, etc.) made enough power to go 10.80's at 131. Color me impressed. Wonder what she'll do when get around to turning it up? The bottom line is, everyone has an opinion, and that's great. It's exactly what's kept me doing this for the last 35 years. Not everyone has the same ideas, or does the same things. Keeps it interesting.