View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
hatchttu

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Well there two different "clunks" that normally come with these cars.

A. The front lower control arms clunk when going over speed bumps whether lowered or not. That will be replaced free of charge under warranty. There are TSB on this. Just Google it..

B. This one I haven't figured out because it's subtle and I have it. I hear "ricket", bed spring like sound when the front compresses. It can even be done by hand if you push down hard enough. I tend think its either my GT500 strut mounts, front sway bar, or just the spring themselves compressing. I'm curious to know if the strut mount replacement fixes this sound for you because we may have the same issue. I 've been lowered for close to 2 years and put around 25K miles on it since then so everything is fine but I would like to get rid of this as well. Just my 2 cents.

Does anyone know if Vorshlag does strut mount install themselves and alignments in house?
I have had the lower control arms replaced by ford so I know it is not that and this is a very different sound than I was getting with that.

Mine sounds I guess not so much a clunking but multiple slight pops when making hard turns at slow speeds. It may happen at higher speeds but I can't hear anything due to the car being louder at speed.

For example, when I back out of a parking spot, the front suspension will make the sounds when turning the wheel almost to lock and moving. It mainly happens when there is a change of sharp direction while moving (90 degree or sharper turn).

It just started happening in the last couple months. I have been lowered for at least a year now. I have the KONI STR.T and Steeda ultralite. I have lowered my other 2 mustangs in past and never had this problem. The ONLY differences this time are the Koni's (I dont think they are the culprit), the GT500 strut Mounts, and the camber bolts. And it started after putting the camber bolts in.
hatchttu is offline   Reply With Quote