View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #514
Toby

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
What procedure is being used to empty the tank? I have a fitting on the fuel rail that I put a hose on and I run the car while that hose empties into a jug, until the car quits. I wondered about this same thing, how much fuel was left in the tank, so after doing this, I pulled the pump out to take a look. I was amazed how little is actually left. Between what was in the bucket around the pump, and what was left in the tank itself, it was maybe a cup of fuel left over. Was really nice to see that, better than I thought it would be.
I can only assume he drives it as low as he feels comfortable then fills up and switches tunes..

But yes these systems are designed to empty as much fuel out as possible. Every time I empty on to install a fuel system, there is little to no fuel left in the bottom of the tank. Very good engineering!

It is kinda a pita to turn the fuel pump on manually, but I have made a couple tools that makes it pretty easy and quick so you dont have to run the car while the tank empties..
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote