View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #30
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by MnemonicGhost View Post
I've been watching the build up and roll out for each respective system, and fanboyism aside, I think the Sony has a clear advantage. Both will still have success because of their respective exclusive franchises, but pure system specs and entry value is clearly won by Sony this time around. You can already see a trend with the launch titles mostly in 1080p on the Sony and 720p on the Xbox. Other differences include:

1. The PS4 Has 50% better graphic shader throughput. The XBOne is like a Radeon HD 7790 and the PS4 is like a Radeon 7870. That's a big difference and Microsoft says 10% of the GPU is also reserved for the Kinect.
2. CPU Cores availability. Both systems have the same chip essentially, however Microsoft only gives game developers access to 6 out of the 8 CPU Cores. Sony doesn't seem to have this issue because it also isn't trying to be a media center.
3. Memory Bandwidth. PS4 has 5500 Mhz GDDR5 to the XBox's 2133 Mhz DDR3. Theoretical bandwidth is 176 GB/s to the Xbox's 68.3. That's 300% difference.
4. Microsoft being Microsoft. You must subscribe to XBox live to use Netflix. That's just stupid, but most folks already pay XBox live or PSN+ if you have a system today.
5. Stan over Cartman. Duh!
I will eventually get both systems but don't buy into that hype. u need developers to build the games for the system. always remember that. both systems have a ton of potential, but to say the ps4 is better just because of a faster gpu is crazy. theres sooooo much more to designing games. for example the ps3 was more powerful than the 360 but somehow forza looked twice as good gt5. its going to take naughty dog to maximize the ps4. then i will buy one
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote