View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 12:05 AM   #41
DevGittinJr

I see this is kind of an old thread, but I thought I'd contribute anyway.

FRPP- K springs, sway bars, adj. shocks/ struts, bump stops, adj. panhard bar, GT500 front lower control arms, FR500C rear lower control arms, Boss 302S rear lca relocation brackets, Boss 302S adj. tie rod ends/ bumpsteer kit, stock Bullitt strut tower brace

Shelby- caster/ camber plates, tubular radiator support, tubular k-member w/ 1/2" engine drop, k-member support plates, a-arm brace, subframe connectors, rear shock tower brace, adj. front sway bar end links, adj. poly rear upper control arm and bracket, panhard support, panhard relocation bracket.

Steeda- X5 balljoints

Prothane- front lca bushings

Eibach- camber bolts (not installed)

Caster is 6.9, camber is -1.7, toe is 0. Rear axle weights removed.

All aspects of the handling are better. The chassis is WAY stiff, and the car feels much more solid. Pretty much all of the interior creaks and rattles are gone. Cornering is way flatter than stock, and turn in is pretty quick. The steering feels smoother and more precise/ controlled. The car actually brakes better too, as the nose dive is drastically reduced. Wheel hop is completely gone, and although I'm set up for corner carving, she pulls hella hard from a dig. I catch a lot of higher hp cars off guard with that. The ride quality is much firmer than stock, but not harsh at all. She is louder and there's more vibration, but I also have cams and long tubes, so it's whatevers. This is my daily driver, and it's totally fine.

I still need to have the rear shock tower brace welded in, so it will actually do something besides look cool in my trunk. I'd also like to switch to a set of mono tube coilovers with much higher spring rates than the FRPP K's (228#/ 199.5#).
'09 Bullitt DHG #6486
Mods: "...all sorts of doo-dads and braces, every ding-dong suspension part in the Ford Racing catalog."

Last edited by DevGittinJr; 11-28-2013 at 12:11 AM.
DevGittinJr is offline   Reply With Quote