Old 01-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #28
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Darkhelmet22 View Post
This.

Also I think we may have 8-9 cars show up. ;-) lol

Haha!
Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
We've tried Grapevine already. It fell through pretty hard because Dallas folks complained about the drive and stopped coming.

Dude I am about at the limit with your crap. I don't need your negative opinions on how this should be done. You are trying to completely side track this meeting's time and location.

I'd be open to your opinion if 1 you were coming to this meet and 2 if your suggestion was reasonable. This was something designed for the local FTW people and anybody else willing to drive this way, since nobody budges for us.

I am plenty for your idea for a monthly meet as well closer to the middle of the metroplex if you want to start something like that, instead of bringing this one down.

Trust me I was all for Grapevine when that was happening until it started migrating back east further and further, then there was nothing. The closest meet to us FTW guys now is somewhere in Carrollton which is about a 35+ mile hike one way.
I'm not trying to side track anything. Was just offering to help out to bring both sides together. You can drop the attitude at any time.

Another side note- thought you were selling your car?

Originally Posted by Bacadiesel View Post
How do you make sure other cars don't park in out spot? Cuz everytime I go by there it's always packed
In the past, large mass chain restaraunts are very hard to organize a meet at because there is no way to control the lot. You can try to make arrangements with a manager for food/drink specials and they will sometimes even reserve an area of parking but you will need a large turnout guarantee for them to do that.

The alternatives to that are finding a side parking lot to the location, or going in off hours not near a lunch/dinner rush. Traditionally though, meets at large chain locations don't work due to how busy they are and management not wanting the liability and the ability to turn tables/parking locations and they can't do that with car guys camped out in their parking spots for so long.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote