View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #17
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Just my personal opinion but if the motor is apart I would go ahead and put forged internals. There is no point in doing it twice.
If cylinder 8 is bad and I really have to do a rebuild, I will definately be doing forged internals. No sense paying to take the engine out and apart then put the timebomb back in. I am just hoping this isn't the issue.

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Have you done a compression check? If the plug and then coil don't fix it, that is what I would try next.
Haven't done a compression check, hoping I don't get to that point but it probably needs to be done anyways even if the other solutions correct the issue. I am pretty sure if it isn't fuel (bad gas or injector) or spark related (Coil or Plug), then the only thing left is to join the failed cylinder 8 club.

Right now there is a possibility that the PCV is blowing back into the engine though since the ProCharger kit simply caps off the ports. I have been looking at getting a newer catch can (don't like breathers) to work, but haven't jumped on aything yet. If is just a gummed up spark plug then the next thing that is getting ordered is a new catch can system though. These problems just suck, especially for a car that isn't a year old. I understand modifications put different stresses on engines, but this is an engineering issue with these 5.0 Coyote engines.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote