View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
Rreemo

Default Intermittent Grinding 5th Gear?.....

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this issue with an M6 car? Mine is an early build 13'...completely stock, daily driver. I've got around 7k miles on it now, and for about the past 1500-2000 I've noticed an intermittent grind shifting into 5th gear....just driving it normal down the road. I've never shifted the car hard into 5th, or really any gear for that matter, and it seems this occurs perhaps even when I'm shifting up into 5th slower than normal....not like when running up through the gears getting onto the hwy, but instead like when you are just putting it up there at slower speeds on city streets. It's very intermittent and at first I thought it was just me being lazy on the clutch pedal, but now that I'm paying more attention to it I know it's not that. My wife came in recently and asked me about it too....apparently it happened to her a couple times when she last drove my car.

I found mention of it in 11/12's here, but nothing on 13's - http://mustangforums.com/articles/in...estigation.php

It also seems that 5th gear is a bit more notchy feeling than the others...especially when it's cold.
Rreemo is offline   Reply With Quote