Thread: Tune question
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
GTOphil

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I'm not sure who you are reffering to as the "other guy on here" as a tuner.

Bama tunes were and still are advertised being tuned by Mike Wilson who hasn't been there for quite some time and is back in here in Texas. So the tunes are being written by God only knows who. I wouldn't personally trust one of these expensive motors to someone I didn't know or have experience with.

If you're dead set on a email tune, AED and Lund seem to have the strongest followings and both get great reviews on customers service.

However, the best bet is always to have a custom tune done by tuner who is actually putting his hands on the car as the pulls are being made in real time rather than reading a datalog and the damage has already been done.

TrueStreet Motorsports in McKinney is a great place to get this done with solid customer service. I highly recommend giving them a try and staying away from Bama tunes.
Sorry, I forgot to mention TrueStreet...that's to whom I was referring when I said the "other guy" on here.

I guess I could give him a call and see. If I were doing a dyno tune though I need to check with my friend who own/operates a shop in Haslet and see if he does 5.0s.

Any clue what $$$ the custom tune would be? I was thinking almost $500 for the tuner from AM.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote