View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #56
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
LMFAO. ^ this guy doesn't know shit.

BIG difference in auto vs manual with a radial boss.

I went a 1.6x on 18" radials with a manual last weekend, I fully expect to learn the clutch/tire combo and go a low 1.5x once ironed out. It can be done on radials with a stick, its just MUCH easier and safer for driveline parts with a slick. The wrinkle wall helps absorb a bunch of shock, it hits there instead of the driveline parts.

with that being said, if you can work a clutch well. You should be fine.
I agree, as seen my statement in Jeff's sig. A manual car shocks the tires much harder than auto car does and it does so a few times going down the track with each shift. But going fast can be done on a DR no differently than a slick can. It just takes a more dialed in suspension, a driver who knows how to put some heat into them and slip the clutch properly on the launch.

I agree again on the second part as well. The second part in bold is why it's done that way most times, cuz it's EASIER, rather than learning to drive the car, set the car up right using a big, softer compound slick with much more contact patch.

It's just clear by a lot of posts who has actual racing expierence going fast than 11's and who doesn't.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote