View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 01:47 PM   #5
BV600

Originally Posted by draxxus131 View Post
900hp max reliably on that setup will not get you far for long. 600 HP, YES!! Even then anything is possible.

When your dealing with power at that range, you want only the good shit in your engine. Not to knock the Boss 302 internals. They are quite stout; matter of fact I plan to do a budget build through Tousley Ford. All of which will just keep peace of mind for only 500 hp or "Around There". My build is purely motor no adders.

The amount of torque being pushed through those rods at any launch, hell even downshifting and smashing the pedal to WOT will stretch and bend or sheer the rods EVENTUALLY. By that I mean very soon!

Do you plan on removing your own engine and doing majority of the work. If not, then let me put this into spectrum for you. Just to take out your motor is a minimum of $500, that is a general rule of thumb when it comes to shops and pricing.

A full tear down will run you about $250-350, and you're lucky if that includes being fully assembled after.

I think the stock internals are plenty for 600whp, I think the boss can handle 700-800 no problem tuned correctly. I may be pushing my luck with 900. I was just thinking Budget minded on this if I only wanted 700-800.