View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #15
JDMLOL

Default Re: Oil Change Intervals

I dont feel I should have to go to the dealer for an oil change. It takes more time, plus I'm still a student. Im not trying to spend more than I have to on something I can easily do myself. Ive worked at a dealer before, I remember most of the time the oil changes were done by some kid that wasnt even a tech. I can save my oreilly receipts and bottles as proof to me using their recommended lubricants and filters. I just want to be sure the ticking doesnt cause damage. It doesnt make sense that the car does it after an oil change when I supposedly replaced it with the same lubricant that it came with from the factory. Why do the track pack cars take 5w-50, is it because they come with an external oil cooler?

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote