View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
JDMLOL

Default Re: Oil Change Intervals

Hmmm. A range of different answers. See I believe that synthetics are better and maintain their chemical properties longer than conventional, but I dont think filters are meant to do their job for as long as some of these synthetics are supposed to last. I've read several different articles on synthetic lab testing but nothing on filters. I hear the motorcraft one that came from the factory is the best one. I agree changing oil regulary is cheap insurance to keep the motor in tip top shape but I dont see the point in spending money on an oil change if the filter and oil are perfectly fine. Does the oil life monitor actually read the life through a sensor or calculate based on miles and driving style? It sounds like based on what I've heard, Ill just stick with ford recommended oil and filters every 5k.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote