View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #35
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Fair View Post
Howdy everyone - just found out about this forum today. Since I own a suspension shop here in DFW I figured I would post up in this thread.

I don't know much about the whole stance thing, and we don't sell Chinese coilovers, but I do know how to make an S197 Mustang handle on track or in an autocross, and still ride well on the street.

Come to think of it... I'm pretty sure we have the quickest road course or autocross S197 Mustang in all of Texas at the moment? I could be wrong - if there is a properly sorted AIX S197 in Texas I suspect it should be faster. My 2011 GT puts 3+ seconds a lap on the fastest American Iron racers, and it isn't a gutted, no-compromises race car - it is a street car that is emissions legal, has A/C, and is anything but light (3750 with driver). My wife daily drives it to work, but for race weekends we bolt on race wheels/tires and rear aero and race it in autocross or NASA Time Trials, among other events (Optima Challenge, Global Time Attack, TX2K, etc).

Vorshlag has a shop in Plano and we do some service and fabrication work on various late model chassis, including the S197 Mustang. We make our own camber/caster plates, plus we sell and stock Whiteline bushings/control arms/swaybars/watts, Powerflex bushings, Energy Suspension bushings, and AST and Moton coilovers. We made our own lightweight 18x10" wheels for the S197 and can order custom wheels from Forgestar up to 18x12" wide (which is what we use on our 2011 GT).

Come out to the Five Star Ford track event November 17th at Eagles Canyon Raceway (sign up here) and see for yourself. I'm pretty sure they will let us take riders, and if so, the right seat will be available all day.
Welcome Terry, Glad you guys made it over here

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote