View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #11
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post
I spoke with one of the actual tuners at Bama for about 45 minutes. He looked over the data log with me, gave me some more in-depth and technical information about the knock sensors and various other aspects and I do feel better.

Their timing isn't as aggressive as it once was and I have a new tune uploaded already. I also need to cycle my gas more often since sometimes my car sits for 4-5 days at a time (or more depending on weather and schedule) and the data log didn't show consistent knock so it could be gas related. No more QT for me. (I don't use Wal-Mart or HEB either). I always use the RaceTrac here in town that's constantly busy.

I'm told the ecu will pull what it needs to protect the car and since I know it wasn't happening all the time I feel better about it AND since I've only driven 3k miles on that tune anyway. So I'm assuming the damage that this forum and others have freaked me out about is either minimal or non-existent.

Thanks for the replies so far. I feel a little more comfortable about the new tune I'm putting in.

****STILL going to True Street soon for a tune. Just FYI.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote