View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #508
kdanner

Never mind, I found you, car #4050. I did a comparison with a 2013 I've done some work on. It's a base GT with auto/brembo/recaro/tech package. Engine is 100% untouched, has the stock 3.15 axle. Just has a converter, driveshaft, off road X, my calibration. Good wheels and tires and the only suspension he has is a Roush upper. He lost the weight of the sway bar and those 17" fronts save a little, but then again you don't have the weight of the automatic or the Brembos either, so the weights of your cars would be very close. This is his best pass vs the best pass from your car on Saturday. We won't worry about down low where you had traction problems and he is bound to be quicker because of that. The downtrack splits are what interests me, this shows the horsepower. You can see that from 660 on you're 0.0168 quicker than him. Now in fairness he was in 950' air, and you were in 1750' so we have to allow some for that. All said and done, in my opinion your car wasn't making steam anywhere near the HP number claimed, I'd guess it was 75-100 short of that considering it can barely pull a bone stock engine in the back half. With good traction/driving and better air you might touch the 11.30s, I don't see any more than that without making some changes.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg blk2012gt.jpg (11.9 KB, 15 views)
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote