View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #28
Slow6

That is how I took it but I see what you are saying now in your comment. I have bought many parts two and three times when building a car, this car also, even though I had a plan starting out. My issue has been that we, the 3.7 guys, dont have a strong aftermarket to build from so believe it or not I, personally, have been working with companies, MMR, BBR, CFM, Hellion, Manley, ARP, multiple individuals and even True Street to get parts built for the 3.7 platform. And Im not even close to being finished yet. Its already hard to go fast but its even harder and 3x as costly to be the first one to go fast on a new platform, being the 3.7L. Im already planning on changing my suspention for the third time on my car in two years just to keep up with other upgrades and new products that better fit my driving and personal taste, along with new class requirements and deregulations. Again I dont see it as a waste due to my percieved ROI for my pursuit. I have had alot of guys look at me with blank faces and start questioning what all is actually done to my car when I tell them how much it has cost me to get it where it is but I can also say I have the highest HP and fastest 3.7 in the country and have for the last 1.5 years (Thank you very much to True Street for that rite to say). I guess bragging rights are still good enough even if I wasnt dedicated to the roadcourse. lol

I can respect the idea of not modding a beautiful car but it still seems like an alien thought to me.

No mods just stock. Trust me its slow.
Slow6 is offline   Reply With Quote