View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #10
saunupe1911

Dan12GT,

Me and other people on numerous S197 related forums have asked your same questions numerous times. The live rear axle by nature is just going to be fairly bumpy. It will never ride as comfortable as IRS, even though it can out perform must setups. So here's what my research has found.

2011-2014 Eibach Pro Springs (not 2010) and Koni STR.T is the most comfortable budget setup while giving you a huge upgrade in performance. This is what I currently run. No nose dive, minimal roll (none with stiffer bars), and very comfortable. Only elevated bumps upset the LRA. Also I've heard that the Eibach Pro are slightly more comfortable than the Steeda Sports.

Sam Strano's versions of the Steeda Ultralites and Koni STR.T give you the lowest drop and still keep a comfortable ride. But certainly rougher than Steeda Sports and Eibach Pro...this came straight from Sams mouth and my co-worker has this setup. The drop isn't that low in the rear at all.

Boss 302 springs with Koni STR.T - if you don't want to lower - Gets you a handling upgrade with stiffer springs but gets the great dampening Koni. I wish the setup was stock on all GT/Boss cars. The dampening hurts both cars in every comparison test.

Sometimes I wish I would have gotten the Koni Yellows/Sports because the rear end is actually too soft on the Koni STR.T. It needs to be stiffer IMO to help with the motion going over large bumps. I might just replace the rears sometime next year.

But the 3 setups above is the best budget/comfort/performance you can get depending on how low you want of a drop.

I'm curious to see how well a watts link will improve upon articulation and every driving comfort of a LRA. I've been holding out on control arms just for this. I just haven't met anyone that has one installed to get feedback.

Just my 2 cents on everything.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote