View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Default Texas Invitational

Well this past weekend I went to the Texas Invitational with my buddy Dave (White_Lightning) and his SICK supercharged Vette. The weather was perfect for some insane high speed roll racing at the airfield!

Everything you can imagine was there, big turbo Porsche's, Supra's, blown Vettes and big HP GTR's were out in force. There was only two Mustangs in attendance, both foxbody's and no where near competitive. Mustangs are just outclassed at this event and have no chance at all. I really should have gotten my Vette after all. lol.

Seeing how fast some of the street cars are in person run side by side is impressive to say that least. 60 rolls side by side and some of these cars were over 180mph in less than 5-6 seconds. INSANE.

The UGR TT Lambos were there rollin deep too. They rolled out in a single car hauler full of a half dozen half a million dollar TT Gallardos. Most of them big dog 1500hp+ cars. These guys weren't messing around at all with their on site tuners and mechanics to help them there at the event!

Dave's Vette is impressive to say the least. He drove it there, changed nothing at all. Not his tune, tires not even the damn air pressure and he won all three of his call out grudge races against some seriously fast cars. His car just sounds wicked at WOT!

I saw alot familiar faces and some old friends as well that I havent seen in quite some time. Great weather, badass cars, good friends and I also got to do a country cruise through the backroads in what was reminded to me as my very slow Stang, but it's still fun and a blessing to be able to enjoy it. I don't even regret with the wicked sunburn I got from standing out at the airfield all day.

Thanks again, Dave. It was blast! Can't wait to go for a ride in Darkness soon!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote