View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #11
46Tbird

Originally Posted by GTRacerX View Post
Well I won't be road racing or anything like that with the car. Maybe some drag racing every now and then. Really just want to be able to lower the car the amount that I think looks right for the car. I intend on putting 20s on the car at some point with some larger tires out back 295 or 305 and I just want it to look flush as opposed to the 4x4 look mustangs always seem to come with.
Entry level coilovers are not that much more expensive than a set of name-brand springs and adjustable shocks/struts. Coilovers are great, but they aren't really necessary for the goals you've lined out here, unless you're wanting to super-slam your ride for looks. IMO, coilovers are a road race thing, or a 'stance' thing. If you're just going to drive it on the street and drag race it some, they are overkill.

As for adjusting height, you won't be doing that very often unless you want to get under it all the time, and don't mind getting it aligned after every adjustment.