View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #39
wbt

Originally Posted by Rebelracer568 View Post
If you read the whole thing shaun at aed says intake s are basically the same and believes the few extra hp come from the bigger throttle body and cai. I see this being true.the cobra jet tb is larger than our 80mm tb. Is it worth the money I personally dont think so. But drag racers want every little hp. I think its awesome intake but not worth the extra money
I am using a stock GT500 TB which probably has less surface area than the stock 80mm unit. Shaun is just guessing.

IMO the gains over the Boss come from a more efficient upper plenum design specifically where it meets with the runners.

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
True but the "real racer guys who know everything about everything" says the only way to know what the improvements are is at the track so what's the point of the mid range gain or lost if you are racing it.
So how much HP did your car make on a dyno and what times did it run at the track on the same night I ran my car?

Originally Posted by ochoblanco View Post
You're arguing against kdanner and wbt... And excuse my complete assholeness but its coming from you who completely shit talked about how fast your NA s197 is/would be. I'd bet as much as you want that kdanner or wbt stock would destroy you. So I take what they say or BruceH and learn from it.
It already happened. See above.

We are sharing our experience with you guys and I think we have proven what works and what doesn't. Both of us have had 3+ years of experience at the track with these cars and spent a lot of time and money developing our combinations. We both have spent much longer than that doing this sport. We don't know everything and I have yet to meet anyone who does. It's a constant learning curve.

I understand what we do doesn't apply to everyone's needs and there are some who will disagree or want to argue. If some of you want to spend money on stuff that doesn't work that's fine. If some of you want to use dyno numbers as gospel that is fine. I think Jeff's car is a perfect example where it put down good numbers on a dyno but can't get down the track. He built the house before the foundation and now he is stuck trying to figure out how to put a foundation under it.

For those wondering about comparing results between the stock intake and Boss intake. Similar conditions, different days at the track, same mods minus the intake change.

Stock intake:

Boss intake:

Like I posted in the sticky, there are gains to be had using the Boss intake. It doesn't really make more peak HP vs. the stock intake however from ~6,800 to 7,700+ it makes the same power (unless you are using an AED tune). The advantage to this when drag racing is you are making peak power longer resulting in better times.

The CJ intake has a similar power curve as the Boss but is a more efficient design which results in more TQ/HP. Is it worth spending ~$1K for the needed parts vs. ~$450 for the Boss? As mentioned, it depends on your goals.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote