View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #29
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by donutninja View Post
Hello, found this thread when doing a search for fitment and offsets.

I try to make it out to the AutoX events when I can and would like to do the occasional track day. I've been reading and searching all over for some "definitive" numbers and what I've come up with is...

You can push the outer rim of the rear out about +35mm-38mm and still be flush with the fender. Does this go the same for the front? I've noticed that Most wheel setups share the same front and rear offsets if the rims are the same width.

I noticed mention of an 18x10 +43ish fitting up front and in rear.

Now here is the main question, visually I like the look of a 19" wheel on these cars. is a 19x10 +43ish or 19x9.5 +35ish on all 4 corners that much of a difference over an 18" wheel with the same offsets and widths?

As much as I love autoX i also kind of want the show aspect and am trying to find a happy medium. I can't really afford to have 2 sets of wheels and tires but don't mind spending for a good best of both worlds set up. Tires are one thing you shouldn't really skimp on. haha

also, the stock wheels are 17x7 +40 I think (base V6 2013) and I love the turning radius on this car. would a 19x10 +43 265/35/19 fit ok on all four sides?

man, a ton of questions but the guys at Vorshlag seem to really know their stuff and I figured if you could answer them here for others to read it would be better than an email.

Thanks!!
I'd sure avoid the 19s for a competition tire. Not as many choices. I'm keeping my stock brembo 19s for street but ponied up for a set of 18s for autox and track, they are so much lighter and the car runs a touch lower too.

Check the rules. GT mustang moves from STX (265 max) to STU (285) next year so I bought tires for STU. STU PAX sucks, but its where I need to be while I'm in skill building mode.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote