Thread: z/28 review. .
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #56
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
The gtr platform came out in 08. 6 years is an eternity in the car world. The new one will be out soon and I can see it dipping into the 10's like the 911.
I have no doubt in the GTR's ability to put power to the ground better than anything out there. GTR's will always beat RWD cars at the drag strip and I know that. It will be insteresting to see what or if Nissan comes out with something new on the GTR though.

My thing is power is easy and cheap to make on cars. For being on a track though, stopping and turning are king. Brakes, aero, tires, and suspension, along with the tuning of said suspension, are the real expensive things to develop. IMO, the Z/28 is better set-up for the track right now as power can easily be had (on the cheap) with cams, exhaust, and a CAI to open that LS7 up. For the GTR to catch up on brakes alone is going to run $20-30K.

My argument is the Z/28 is actually a bargain for what it will beat. It's not meant to be a daily driver, more like the Lotus vehicles of late.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote