View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #19
kdanner

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I was just referring to a few particular pictures a member there posted of the part he received. Not track times. The intake runners had stress cracks all inside the inside and had to be filled in order to be smooth. Other members saw similar structural issues with theirs as well, so that's all I was referring to. For the price of the part, I don't believe the craftsmanship should look shoddy.
Yes you can see gaps on the inside, it is not made in 1 piece, you'd have to 3D print them to do that and that wouldn't be cost effective. CJs are running 10.0s letting out of the throttle way early, there's nothing wrong with those intakes. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the guys grinding on the inside of them are hurting more than helping.

Originally Posted by zsommer79 View Post
So what do you you have done to your car that its runs a 10.5 quarter? On the bottle?
3.5 years of constant tweaking is the best answer. It is a Boss engine I got a deal on, stock other than the CJ manifold and headers. The car has the right converter/gear/tires/suspension. I track tune it, as dyno numbers do nothing to get it down the track quickly, which is my end goal. I'm sure it doesn't make much horsepower, but the car is able to use every last one of them.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote