View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 04:32 PM   #270
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Just an observation/mild rant on my part that has been frustrating me lately.

So I'm in the middle of my "transformation" here if you will. When I first told friends and family I was going to do this I got the usual encouragement and skeptism. Rightfully so on the latter as many times I've yo-yo dieted over the last several years. I've now stuck with it longer than I ever have now and had some great results. As of late, it seems some of the understanding I've gotten from some is teetering off from some because I'm not as willing to go out and do as much social eating as I used to and when I do, I'm picky about where I can go if I'm going to eat. I'll go anywhere to hang out, but if it's not a place I can eat to reach my goal I'll eat beforehand. The crazy thing is, now I'm finding some resistance to this. More so from friends as my family is pretty health conscience for the most part.

I can't tell if the novelty has just worn off for some or what. Some times I can't help to think that some people are purposely trying to trip me up being super strict about my diet to make themselves feel better about their own diets. I've come to realize that some people are just really bad about change or I'm really just going crazy. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote