View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #25
PCB

Misrepresentation.

You find your dream car on eBay. Seller takes pictures of the car that has been sitting for 10 years. Pictures of the exterior look like what you expected but nothing out of the ordinary. Judging by the pictures and description of the car, you can hold off on paint for a few years. He shows you a picture of a light scratch that you are okay with and otherwise everything else is up to par he says.

You agree to buy the car and have it shipped upon arrival. As the transporter drops it in your driveway you are eager to rinse her off and get to work on your dream car and a fresh starting point.

Wait... It looks like someone took an SOS pad to the paint.. there is surface rust in the corners by the windows. Someone tried to repair the bottom corner of the back bumper and did a horrible job. Clear is flaking off the rear quarters.

Misrepresentation.

That is not the car that was sold to you on eBay. The seller assured you of the exterior, and that aside from sitting for 10 years the paint and finish was fine. Now you are looking at a refinish and repair work on a car you thought had a decent, not out of the ordinary exterior, and the seller assured you that tiny scratch was the only problem.

I don't know about you, but that chaps my ass.

As an ebay seller it is my job to show and describe the product I am selling to the best of my ability good and bad. That's why eBay has their code of conduct and selling/buyinig policies. To protect us. It is not fair for someone to manipulate the auction and pictures to favor his pocket.

But lets face it. Life isn't fair. Do I need the $375. No. I just refuse to sit and get butt fucked by someone who obviously knew what they were doing.

Last edited by PCB; 02-21-2014 at 11:41 AM.
PCB is offline   Reply With Quote