View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #178
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
When I price a boosted car, I can't fathom slapping on a blower and calling it a day. Just not me. I always include a forged bottom end. If you're going to put a blower on, why not go all out for maximum potential AND reliability. Driving a boosted car is not fun when you can only do it a few times out of fear of bending rods or destroying pistons. So for me, a real blower setup is going to cost over $8k.

-Alex
Depends on your end goals. These cars can handle a small amount of boost and with the right tune be fine. I would say you never want to go above 600whp. To be honest I would feel more safe with it around 550. The horror stories we read are when people way over push the motors (we've had a few in our group). Take Josh Bishop or Ryan Knight's cars for good example. They make good power safely and aren't over pushing the motors.

I think a lot of people look at these cars and compare them to the terminators which have around the same amount of power stock. However, they are 2 very different cars. Obviously the terminators have way more potential due to the forged motor.

I'd say if you are trying to go for anything north of 600whp you better start looking into building the motor and full fuel system.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote