Thread: Ufc 167
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
During the match when they display significant strikes/takedowns etc. I think it would be cool if they had a stats breakdown at the end of matches. Much like the pre-fight analysis. Last I saw, though GSP was cut up, he was still ahead on strikes and takedowns by 30%. Cut's and blood doesn't mean you win. I'm on the fence with the fight, myself.
The 10 point system is garbage and shouldn't apply to mma. The 10 point system ruined boxing and is beginning to do the same thing to MMA.

MMA is about damage, not stratgically placed takedowns, holding someone down to "control" the fight. Scoring rounds a 10-9 in some of these fights is a fucking travesty! When a guy is getting dominated he shouldn't be kept in the fight because of rules from boxing scoring it that way.

Also, the rules the way they are automatically favored heavily in the way for wrestlers. Controlling/holding someone down is not winning a fight simply because they aren't fighting. It's stalling not to mention miserably boring to watch.

To add that, a lot of people fail to notice that some of the best submission guys in the world aren't even bothering with the UFC/MMA and that is directly because of the boxing rules that governs MMA. Most judges have ZERO martial arts experience and have no idea what they are looking at. Hell, a lot of fans don't even get what they are looking at when it comes to the submission part of mma. They don't understand the chess match that is occurring. The ONLY way judges seem to score for a submission guy is if he is on top striking. Which takes out half of the game working from the bottom. There is no consideration of for working off the back or multiple submission attempts setting them up, executing etc.

Nope, it's still all Neanderthal boxing style judging and rules. If MMA has done anything since it's inception it had proved how in adequate it is as a form of combat and the same can be said about it's rules and governing base.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote