View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #20
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Im in no way denying that a supercharger and or juice is a easy way to get alot of power. NA is very expensive once you ad it all up but cheaper if you think of it as part by part. Alot of people have a hard time spending 5k plus on a supercharger. Even if I had it I would feel somewhat guilty buying it because thats alot of cash that could be used for something else.
Looks like building a stout NA application would cost more and definitely yield less power, as to be expected. Just funny people think they can slap on a blower, run 8lbs of boost all day and night on a stock bottom end and expect it to be as reliable and cheap as doing the same thing with an strong NA build.

These motors are pretty new. So I don't trust anyone that says, yes you can add 50% horsepower on a stock bottom and and race it all day and expect the stock pistons and rods to be just fine. That's just dumb. Once I see people doing that upwards of 60k plus miles on a blower setup with stock internals, I'll consider it. Until then, it's just a dumb assumption.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote