View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #14
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Seems like putting a blower on it would be cheaper. Would get more power out of the blower as well
I agree. For the return on the dollar and ease of making power boost is the way to go in my opinion.

These Coyote parts are ridiculously expensive it's mindboggling that it's a Mustang. Reminds me more of the Vette tax than a Mustang! lol. For me, the return on these heads just wouldn't justify the cost for MY goal for my car.

Plus, I LOVE boost!

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Seems like adding two bottles of nitrous would be cheaper. Would get more power out of nitrous as well.

-Alex
LOL, never owned a nitrous car before have you?

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
It's a lot more difficult to go fast N/A vs. slapping a power adder on. It all comes down to goals.
It's certainly far more difficult. Driving ability, suspension set up and weight become far more of a concern. I'd rather take the easy road and just throw boost at it. And of course I couldn't remotely care less about chasing an ET anymore. I have to ignore it and just have fun with the car otherwise it will become a weekly obsession to chase those magical ET whoring out the car and wasting a LOT of time at the track over times that really mean nothing at the end of the day. I look back at that time, I learned a lot, but I can't say I enjoyed it a lot because I obsessed over it so much. It became work instead of just having fun.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote