View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #52
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I wasn't going to comment on this subject until the Miata subject came into it. I have a group of high roller friends who are all into autocrossing/track racing. In the group is a couple of lambos, Porsches, a Backdraft Cobra, a Ferrari and few other high end toys. They've been racing together for many years and they all eventually turned to Miatas to race around the track racing the Spec class. They are very quick around the track and a blast to drive.

That being said, everyone one of them have told me that Miatas are complete piles of shit. They are just cheap to fix and mod, but don't expect them to stay together or last very long. It's a running joke about how crappy they are, but these guys rather throw away a fraction of the money replacing shit on the Miatas than the high cost of their expensive rides around the track that see mainly street duty.

Drive daily or be seen in it off the track? Hell no.

Go out and thrash on it for a weekend around a track with other like minded guys then put it away to drive away in a actual cool car to leave the track? Certainly.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote