View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #101
wbt

Originally Posted by J.Shoot View Post
What everyone wants to drive is a personal choice. I personally wanted a Boss 302 and a stick is what you get. I like driving my car. I love the control of having a stick as well the potential headaches that can come with it. I have taken steps to make my car as safe and reliable as possible but let's face it, things break as long as you are pounding on your car. You make enough passes, or run enough times, something will break eventually.
We have nearly 50 launches on a track in this car and thankfully have not had any major problems. We have however, continued to make improvements and take safety measures as HP has increased.
Not taking sides, auto vs. manual, just making a point that it is all about preference and stick is what I enjoy driving.
Just ask the auto GTR and auto Trans Am that I politely schooled Saturday night.
If you have raced long enough, you know that there is always someone faster. That is why we do this...we keep going back for more HP. That is what keeps us going and keeps guys like TS in business
I know there are faster cars out there than mine, but I love what I have, and had a blast seeing what it would do on the 1/4 mile track. Each time I make a pass, I learn something else about my car. BTW, I only launch at 5K, not 6.
That is what it's all about, enjoying what you like to do. I didn't get a chance to see your car run but heard good things about it.

On the manual trans stuff, I just hate to see stuff break when it doesn't have to. It is relatively expensive to get the driveline up to snuff but makes for a safer, more reliable car. It also gives you room to grow with power.

Most build their cars from front back vs. back to front and hopefully with some shared experience everyone can enjoy their cars how they were meant to be.

This clip shows my driver side axle breaking on launch using a full slick:
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote