View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 12:12 AM   #398
wbt

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
Wbt and me visited for a bit last night and seems to know his stuff pretty well. He know how to prep his car for the track, one light weigh seat, no interior, true big and little wheels, proper tires for his set up. This is just what I seen by walking by his car. Seem to know his car and what it took to make it preform

The difference in knowing your car and not is doing all your own work vs. paying someone else to do it for you. Also having experience racing and knowing how to put a good combination of parts together helps.

One that that floors me is how much money people waste on bright shiny objects. Just to name a few:

MMR head cooling mod
CAI's
Intake manifold heat shields
Any JLT product
...the list goes on.

I didn't run 10's the first time out with my car but I did run 11's with a tune, tires/wheels and the passenger seat removed. The car was bone stock down to the mufflers outside of those changes:

As my car sits, the only change I make to it between street and track are wheels/tires and I put the radio antenna back on. That's it. I use the same tune and everything else to drive with on the street.

For the car being gutted, I addressed that in this post: http://www.dfw50s.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=299

I know you are not being confrontational but wanted to clear a few things up.

Thanks for stopping by to chat last night.

Last edited by wbt; 08-19-2013 at 12:16 AM.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote