View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #299
wbt

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
10.80's I think. His car is gutted inside. And he's only running 3.31's and a 4k stall.
I told you on s197 I was going to be there. Seems you are full of excuses. Not sure why. My car is far from gutted. As kdanner said, it has the passenger seat removed, rear seats removed, and trunk liners removed. Maybe ~65lbs. tops from that. The car is NHRA legal down to 10.00 which means all that equipment only adds weight to the car. It still has A/C, stereo, and is very streetable. Not anything close to being a race car.

Now we hear your car weighs 4,000+lbs. without any heavy superchargers, turbo kits, etc. It must be the heaviest non-power adder s197 on the planet. I would be horribly disappointed with the times and trap speeds your car ran based on the dyno numbers. This is why you shouldn't get wrapped up in racing dyno's. The track is what counts.

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Good to meet you guys. That GT runs hard!
Thanks man! Enjoyed meeting and chatting with everyone. Now we aren't so bad in person are we? :P

Onto the track conditions.....this was my first time back to the Motorplex in 13 years. The facilities were in every bit as good of shape as they were in the late '90's and only second to Houston Raceway Park IMO. The track was fantastic all night. I never had a traction issue. The car hooked and was straight as an arrow down the entire track. I was highly impressed and will be back to run more. It's a long haul but worth it.

On the times.....I made quite a few changes to the car in the past few months and our goal was to work on the tune and any other issues we ran into. The car ran great in crappy air and it showed great potential for when the weather starts to cool in a couple of months.

Since last November, this car has run 10's every time it has been out in varying conditions. It has run 10's at every major track in Texas. I am super excited about that. No other street legal N/A stock long block car has done that.

Last edited by wbt; 08-18-2013 at 07:18 PM.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote