View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
dallasmike
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Quake5.0 View Post
So you can tune? No offence but I would like some sorta I idea what to expect. I know sean at truestreet is supposed to be the man in DFW! But I have heard from a few that they have got better tunes with a CAI other places. If I spend the money I really want the best!

To each their own. Most canned tunes are far from optimized. It's interesting for me to come into the ford world where canned tunes are considered the norm. In the GM world, canned tunes are considered to be the worst option. For the guys doing these canned tunes, it's big money. Get one car, add in some timing and fuel, take out some torque management, bump up shift pressures a bit, rinse and repeat. Where as with a custom tune, we take each individual car out and do driveability tuning, and then take it to the dyno and tweak each and every car to be optimized. Truth be told, you make far less money with custom tuning. It's much easier to sell a programmer and load a file rather than spending the time to do it right. But at the end of the day, I sleep better knowing I did it the right way and not the way that made me the most money.