View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #21
brtnstrns

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Just go have fun. The hardest part is making sure you don't mess up the route. I DQed my first two because I took a slalom the wrong way. I will make it to either the Aug or sep event and hope to get a few of us to go. Try riding with someone that is experienced and that will help a lot also make sure traction control is off lol
Yeah, I won't be surprised if I go the wrong way, even watching some videos that shit looks confusing. But I'm gonna try to catch a ride with someone beforehand. Having a big group out there would be awesome and yeah, I'll try to remember turning TC off...I hate the feeling of it getting tripped

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I hope to hit up one of these events in the fall when it starts cooling off. I just don't want to beat on the car tempting fate in this heat. It looks like a lot of fun though.
Haha, yeah I'm a little scared of if something breaks being all the way over in Mineral Wells...that would suck. But I'm thinking it should be fine since the whole point is for the driving to be as safe as possible.

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
What are you worried about? The runs are less than a minute. Then about 20 min till you run again anther 20 min then your 3rd run. Then like 2hrs before another set of 3
Even better, the previous owner of my car was a drag racer so he had a switch installed to turn on the radiator fan while the key is on "accessory". That with the electric water pump, I should be able to cool down my car in about 20 minutes. Well...theoretically.

03 DSG Mach 1

Stroked/Forged, Heads, Cams, Long Runner Intake, Built Cobra IRS, Cobra Fuel System
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote