View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #69
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
So I am curious...

Jeff, besides fuel mileage (which surely you know about before running it) what makes you think E85 "didn't work" for you? Your car seems like a perfect candidate for it. Are you disappointed with your numbers? Are the numbers better with race fuel? Since I'm not "in the loop" with the current status of everyone's car I have no idea why you're so anti-E85.
I knew about the mileage but it dropped a lot more then expected. And the idle sucked on it. It die on me a lot which before with cams and pump gas it never did. If I get below a 1/4 of a tank it felt like my engine was starving and it would die on me EVERY TIME I came to a stop. So it might be just my build I don't know but people I have talk to and TS has talk to, no one has had any luck with e85 and bump compression or my kind of build.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote