View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #22
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Removing the resonators makes these cars sound like crap IMO. Regardless of the muffler, it sounds really raspy.
Yeah, that is one thing that is a downer about these cars is the raspiness of the exhaust.

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
That's an interesting take on it, considering that for the past 20 years, H-pipes and straight pipes are what you used to make exhaust loud. The X-pipes tend to mute the volume and give a more exotic sound, similar to 180* headers without the complexity. Of course I'm talking about same pipe diameter, material, and cat configuration. I think that "loud as shit" sound comes from cheap catless X-pipes with whatever insane mufflers are flavor de jour.

I'm not sure I would change it up, as GT500s sound great on otherwise stock exhaust. IMO.
I've heard cars with exhaust mufflers and exhaust mods as each other with X and H and it was much louder with the X it seemed.

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
I agree with most, leave the resonators alone and keep the gt500's. Go with whatever offroad pipe that suits your fancy if you want more sound. You have an sct so seems like the most cost effective move.
I think that is what I will do.

Thanks for the thoughts, fellas.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote