View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #9
Varilux

I almost feel bad for people buying cars that don't do the research prior to showing up.
Believe it or not, at 3 of the 4 dealerships I visited when I asked them if they had any idea of what was in store for the 2015 Mustang / 50th Anniversary, they didn't even seem to realize a new generation was being introduced next year! TWO of them actually said "Oh, I've heard it just going to be a anniversary badge or graphics package." A few years back I test drove a GT and the salesguy referred to the "power of the 5.0" (this was in a 4.6L GT)...

One of the salesmen at Sam Pack in Lewisville (Reto) clearly knew his Mustangs. It was a pleasure dealing with him during the purchase of my '14.

If I were in sales for a living- and only had 5 or 6 products to learn- I would certainly do my best to be an expert on them. The typical Ford salesperson doesn't seem to know a whole lot about the cars in the Ford line-up!

I don't believe just any Ford dealership can do the Procal install. Call ahead and make sure they have a certified tech that can do it.
I asked one of the techs at Sam Pack Lewisville if they were able to install the Procal, and he indicated they had done several- including a GT owned by one of the techs. I just didn't think to ask the tech I am working with on my windshield issue about the fee for the install until yesterday (he said he didn't know much about the Procal, but they'd probably charge $110-180).

'65 Coupe Silver Smoke Grey, Red interior, 200 I-6, T-5spd
'03 Convertible Silver Metallic, grey interior, V6
'14 GT Coupe, Sterling Gray, Brick Red interior, 5.0, 6M
Varilux is offline   Reply With Quote