View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
Varilux

I know a place that wouldnt charge you much. But its a hr or so from you.
Thanks! I will eventually be taking a trip over towards Ft. Worth to have stripes installed at Big Worm Graphics- so if this dealer is over in the Ft. Worth area, I could possibly combine the trip.

Otherwise, now that Plasman has indicated most of the dealers charge the same amount in this immediate area, I won't cringe when I pay my dealer when I have them load the tune. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to the only dealer around here who charges over $100 for a 20 minute job!

Sam Pack in Carrollton wasn't competent enough to load my FRPP tune in my shelby and after three trips a burnt ECU and a flatbed trip after it wouldn't start I took it to Town east and they did it for me in 10 minutes and it was all good.
I will never visit Sam Pack in Carrollton again. I asked about a Boss 302 they had (and still have 2 months later) on the lot, and their sales approach was just silly (insulting isn't the right word, because it was too funny to be insulting). At one point, they tried talking me out of the GT I had ordered because the "glass roof makes the car unbearably hot here in Texas... we had one once and had to keep it in the showroom because of the heat."

'65 Coupe Silver Smoke Grey, Red interior, 200 I-6, T-5spd
'03 Convertible Silver Metallic, grey interior, V6
'14 GT Coupe, Sterling Gray, Brick Red interior, 5.0, 6M
Varilux is offline   Reply With Quote