View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
PLASMAN

Default Good dealer in North DFW to install Procal tune...

Originally Posted by Varilux View Post
When I asked my Ford dealer (Sam Pack Lewisville) what it would cost to have the Ford Racing Procal tune installed (need to have a dealer install to maintain warranty), he guessed that it would be "1 to 1.5 hours of tech time- so about $110-180."

Considering it takes about 20 minutes to install the tune, I'd like to find a dealer that is more reasonable. Anyone know of a good dealer in the area for having the tune installed?

Thanks,
Pete
Sam pack in Carrollton wasn't competent enough to load my FRPP tune in my shelby and after three trips a burnt ECU and a flatbed trip after it wouldn't start I took it to Town east and they did it for me in 10 minutes and it was all good. They have a tech that only works on the shelbys, roush, saleen cars and he was coll about it and knew what he was doing.

Also the cost shouldnt matter to you or dont tune it. If your complaining about $200 to tune it think about the $7k motor behind it, if you think that FRPP "warranty" for procal is going to cover you, you may be surprised. They would probably still fight you over a blown motor and the procal tune is a waste of money for the results.
mods to be put on:
MAK 3" Offroad downpipe, FR Intercooler, Meth kit, SSI T5 Tune

Totaled:
2013 GT/CS A6
Steeda CAI/ VMP Tune/GT500 AB/JEGS CAT DELETES/
STEEDA UCA/LCA'S/ EIBACH PRO KIT STRUTS/ FRPP K SPRINGS/ BMR PANHARD BAR / Shelby Razors 20's

Last edited by PLASMAN; 06-14-2013 at 10:55 AM.
PLASMAN is offline   Reply With Quote