View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #65
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I'm not trying to discredit you in any way but where do you get your info, I may as well do some more reading. Just seems when you see results from oil samples done by a third party that actually show differences between brands, it seems hard to believe they are all the same. But like I said earlier, for vehicles not being beat on, they will all do the job, some just do it better than others.
Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Walmart's oil prices are hard to beat when you buy oil in the 5 quart jug and then tack on 3 more quarts. Mobil 1 Extended comes out to be around $40 something altogher then I just take it to Sam Pack and let the do the labor and grab a fitler for about $15 more.

Yeah all of these oil test out pretty well and meet gov't guidelines based upon their change interval. That's not the point though. I have been researching like Luke for the absolute best for our cars. Seems like Amsoil and Royal Purple is the consensus favorites based upon Coyote oil samples. Yeah Motorcraft works just fine, but it's not the best for our engines. Either way all of these oils will probably take the car to 100k, but again I want the proven best especially when they all cost around the same (by tier at least) and have extremely similar change intervals. The industry and tuners will eventually find out as Coyotes age.
I accumulated my knowledge over the years. A lot of it when I had a rotary. Rotaries are extremely hard on oil as the oil does 1/3 of the cooling. Oil selection was vital. I researched and researched. Pennzoil got a bad rep back in the late 80's early 90's. nowadays the oil is fine. You say that they all meet the requirements just like i said but also state that's not the point. What is the point? Also funny story. A lot of people say it because the oil is made from Pennsylvania oil. The reason that is funny is because so is Brad Penn racing oil. Lol

Links references to pennzoil I just googled.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...&Number=623736
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/penn...dge-44640.html

Last edited by re-rx7; 05-16-2013 at 11:03 AM.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote