View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #33
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by IHateThisSite View Post
Out back it was a ton of miatas that had more ducktape and bondo than any real metal ... And the kids where leaning on my car a few times ... Touching and leaning on cars is poor taste ... But what pisses me off about it is how they approach the shit ... He complained not enough people bought food and he bitched about stuff at jimmy johns too .. Also how he ... You know what .. You are right ... Talking about it is pointless ... Someone come up with something better to do on Monday nights that does not cost a ton of money and is located in north Dallas...
Well, not to defend Jared, but as someone who has organized meets for a long time, it's important for people to use the host of the meet. They need to get something in return for allowing the meet to take place in the first place. They aren't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. It's best to support the host, buy some food or a drink in order to keep meets going. Otherwise, they just continue to fail over and over like RKC meets do. And they don't necessarily fail because directly of Jared, but rather the majority demographic his site attracts to the meets which is young kids who really don't have a lot of disposable income. Therefor they don't spend money for food, drinks or sponsors.

That's why the Friday night meet was successful for so long, it wasn't attached to any one business or "sponsored by" and it wasn't promoted on RKC so the kids stayed away. Plus it has the best racing of any meet anywhere.

By default, Monday night is a horrible night to have a meet. Most working adults aren't going to go out late night during the work week. So that pretty much leaves the kiddos and the hardcore who are willing to go without sleep. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote