View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #21
zemog255

Originally Posted by MidWest281 View Post
well if the front plate is visible from the front.....technically I can't get pulled over for not having a front plate......
I have 15+ stops for no front LP, you know how many times that line worked? lol Not even once. 2 tickets. First time they just walked outside saw it in the window and said looks good to me. $15 fine. 2nd time same DPS officer asked me why I hadn't fixed it. I said the JP you sent me to said it was fine. He said he doesn't make the law, I said well he obviously doesn't care..So ticket number 2 different JP. His secretary tried to put up a fight and argued the furtherst most point on the vehichle and I said show me. At the time the time the law wasn't wriitten that way. A hour later of like 5 different women trying to show me I was wrong.. $15 fine.. I asked why do I have to pay a fine if you are admitting you're wrong. I thought they were going to kill me at that point lol

Also it can't be mounted inside the cabin area. I actually told a different DPS to show that to me. I had done tons of research on the law and never seen it actually written. I even wrote down the law number and still couldnt find it afterwards. It took him probably 20mins but he came back with the book and showed me. Like others have said leaving it off is easier. If you live in the city those cops don't really care. Of all my stops for it 2 were city cops and they were just bored. The DPS are the ones that care.